Now that you have identified the business problem, translated it into an analytics problem, identified the data needs, and acquired the data, you will use data that you have found or with the company’s permission you can use its data for analysis to resolve the analytics problem. Using one or more of the following software applications (IBM SPSS Modeler, SPSS Statistics, Excel, Tableau, or R), analyze the data so that the findings can be used to address the established business problem in your company.
Write a 750-1,000 word paper that includes the following information for your data (ensure that specific screenshots of graphs, tables, etc., are provided):
Conduct an exploratory data analysis: What information is contained in the data set?
Describe key features of the data and any significant relationships you find.
- How did you verify that the data was reliable before proceeding?
- What problems did you find and how did you address them?
- What relationships did you find in the data?
- Any missing data?
- Analyze trends with respect to any appropriate characteristics that you may have discovered.
Supplement your description with appropriate charts/figures. Data can be (but are not necessarily limited to) the following:
- Line graphs
- Pie charts
- Bar charts
- Scatter plots
Indicate the steps you have taken to investigate the quality of the data and indicate any variables you have transformed or discarded as a result.
- Provide a summary that provides a detailed overview of the trends identified based upon the analysis.
- Segment the data accordingly, if needed, to help describe the data behavior.
How are you going to summarize data samples?
- Provide a detailed statistical summary of all information provided.
- Provide the raw software files that you used for this assignment. If R was used, provide a *.txt file of all the commands used.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.