You will create this assignment following the Assignment Detail instructions below.
Review the tutorial titled How to Submit the Intellipath Submission Assignment.
Please submit your work to this week’s Intellipath Unit Submission lesson. Click the Upload button within the submission lesson to access the submission area. Click the Select File button to upload your document, and then click “OK” to finish.
Throughout this course, you will imagine that you are serving in the role of new Chief Information Officer (CIO) for a Fortune 1,000 publicly traded company. This means that your organization is owned by owners of company stock and that you are regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Your organization has $5 billion in annual revenue and has 60 locations globally. The IT environment is a mixed environment of IT systems to include Windows, UNIX, and a variety of applications that are both purchased from vendors and developed in-house.
The organization is receiving more scrutiny from its external auditors as a result of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and other federal regulations that apply to your business. You have been asked by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to conduct a presentation to the executive leadership team. In your presentation, you are expected to set the tone by establishing the business case for implementing a formal IT governance program. You are then to outline your approach to define the elements of the IT governance program and your first steps to begin implementing it. Your assignment is to create a PowerPoint presentation of 8â€“10 slides, as follows:
- Slide 1: Title slide
- Slides 2 and 3: Argue the business case for implementing a formal IT governance program to include the outcomes of effective security governance.
- Slides 3 and 4: Discuss some of the â€œtrade-offsâ€ that business operations may need to make to have a stronger system of IT controls
- Slides 5 and 6: Explain how you will establish your baseline and how you will measure improvement.
- Slides 7 and 8: Summarize a listing of steps you will follow to design and implement your IT governance program.
- Slides 9 and 10: References slide
On your title slide, please include your name, course code (ITAS469), instructor name, unit number, and date. All references should be listed and in proper APA format. You may use the speaker notes section if you wish to add additional content on the topics presented.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1 to 4, please contact your course instructor.