Choose ONE of the following to answer on this Discussion Board:
A: To what extent do you feel the purpose of punishment is to (a) protect society, (b) punish criminals, or (c) rehabilitate criminals? Explain your position using ethical theory and/or reasoning.
B: Provide an example of one occupation or profession that you feel is underpaid in our society and one that you feel is overpaid. Explain your reasons for selecting your examples by applying ethical theory and/or reasoning. How could this injustice be corrected?
In addition to your posted answer, be sure to comment on at least two of your classmatesâ€™ post and participate regularly. Responses to others can come in many forms and can include the following:
- Responses to the ideas or details of someone else’s responses.
- Application of a concept from the reading to life or to the questions you’re asked to answer.
- Assistance for a peer in understanding a concept from the reading.
- Sharing a story from work or your community that illustrates the reading.
- Asking questions on points you need help understanding.
- An explanation of why you answered a question in a specific way.
- Pointing out how different answers took the question in different directions/noting a pattern/suggesting an explanation.
- Developing theories to explain patterns you see in the reading.
- Summarizing aspects of the assigned reading and asking for help from your peers in figuring out how you would apply this concept in a real world situation.