Question1 A procedure stores sales amounts in two Integer variables named region1Sales
and region2Sales. Write the code to display the message â€œBoth regions sold the
same amount.â€ when both variables contain the same number. If the variables contain
different numbers, the code should compare the numbers and then display either the
message â€œRegion 1 sold more than region 2.â€ or the message â€œRegion 2 sold more than
region 1.â€ Use the If…Then…Else statement. Display the appropriate message in the
msgLabel. (1, 3, 4, 6)
At Bayside Financial, where you work as a project manager, you have been asked to conduct user training sessions for a new information system. You must develop a specific schedule for the tasks (the estimated task duration for each is shown in parentheses):
- First, confirm arrangements for the training facility you plan to use (3 days).
- After you have confirmed the training facility, two tasks can begin at the same time: you need to send an e-mail message to all department managers announcing the training sessions (1 day) and you can develop the training material (5 days).
- As soon as the training material is complete, you can work on two tasks at once: arrange to have copies of handout material printed (2 days) and develop a set of PowerPoint slides (5 days).
- When the PowerPoint slides are ready, you conduct a practice training session with the instructor who will assist you (2 days).
- Finally, when the practice session is over and the handout material is ready, you can conduct the user training sessions (4 days).
- (5 pts) What is the correct total time?
- (35 pts) Create a Gantt chart that shows the WBS. (You don’t have to use any special software, you may create your diagram in powerpoint or word)
- (15 pts) Analyze the fact situation carefully to determine which tasks are concurrent and which ones are dependent on other tasks.
- (35 pts) Create a PERT chart that shows the project. Use a format similar to Figure 3-18 on page 82. (You don’t have to use any special software, you may create your diagram in powerpoint or word)
- (10 pts) What is the critical path for this project? How do you know?
Note: For Gantt and PERT chart I recommend you to create diagrams in PowerPoint or Word if you don’t have Microsoft Project. If you cannot create the diagrams with none of these software, you may draw them on a paper using the textbook format.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeQ1.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeQ2To get full credit, WBS and Gantt chart should be provided as your textbook does. Each task, its durations and predecessor tasks should be listed and drawn.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeQ3.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeQ4.To get full credit, PERT chart should be provided as your textbook does. Each task name, its ID and predecessor tasks should be drawn.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeQ5.
Total Points: 100.0