In this portion of your report you will provide a two to three page introduction to a company of your choice, including background information. Research and financial information on companies may be found in the annual reports in the Mergent database through the Ashford University Library, and individual company websites should include information on the companyâ€™s mission and vision. Be sure to cite your sources.
Include the following content in this section.
- Analyze your chosen companyâ€™s current business and financial conditions and create a brief introduction to your company that includes the following.
- The mission of the company
- A descriptions of the companyâ€™s current business operation, competitors, financial condition
- General information that explains why the company interesting to you as an analyst.
The Introduction to and Background on the Company
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or industry sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.