Assignment: Emerging and Re-emerging Diseases Fact Sheet
Sir Francis Bacon said, â€œKnowledge is power.â€ This is most definitely true when it comes to diseases and how to prevent and treat them. As a nurse, you are charged with teaching patients how to prevent infectious diseases and what to do if they become infected. A powerful tool in your arsenal is the Fact Sheet. Usually comprised of one page of easy-to-read content, these leaflets can be distributed easily and can effectively inform your practice.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Select one disease that is either emerging or re-emerging in the world today.
- Research the disease using both scholarly and non-scholarly resources.
- Determine your audience (patients, other nurses, schools, etc.) that you would want to share the Fact Sheet with.
- Select pieces of information that are appropriate for your audience.
By Day 7
Submit: A 1- to 2-page Fact Sheet.
- Indicate the audience on the Fact Sheet.
- Give a brief history of the disease.
- What are the implications of the spread of the disease?
- How does one detect and prevent the spread of this disease?
- How is this disease treated?
Your Fact Sheet should be visually stimulating, appropriate for your audience, and formatted with bullet points for easy reading.
Support your â€œfactsâ€ with references.
Note: Your Fact Sheet must be supported with at least three scholarly sources of evidence in the literature.
Writing Resources and Program Success Tools
- AWE Checklist (Level 4000)
This checklist will help you self-assess your writing to see if it meets academic writing standards for this course.
- Walden University. (n.d.). Walden templates: General templates: APA course paper template with advice (6th ed.). Retrieved May 31, 2019, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ld.php?content_id=45326751
For this Assignment, review the following:
- AWE Checklist (Level 4000)
- Assignment Rubric
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention â€œWK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)â€ as the name.
- Click the Week 1 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 1 Assignment link. You will also be able to â€œView Rubricâ€ for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as â€œWK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)â€ and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 1 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 1 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 1 Assignment