M3 Homework â€“ Probability and Probability Distributions
This weekâ€™s homework will cover the following topics:
Probability & Probability Rules
Introduction of Risk, Proportions, Rates
Directions:In the space provided below, complete the following problems from Gerstman textbook: Use two decimal places unless otherwise stated.
Chapter Review Exercises
Chapter 5 on pages 129-130 (5.1 through 5.18)
Chapter 6 on pages 144-145 (6.1 through 6.18)
Chapter 7on pages 171-172 (7.1 through 7.24)
Chapter 5 Review Questions
Chapter 6 Review Questions
Chapter 7 Review Questions
- Chapters 5, 6, and 7 in the Basic Biostatistics textbook [28, 14, 28 pages]
- Chapter 5 in The Cartoon Guide to Statistics textbook [16 pages]
4. Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy, or practice.
5. Select methods to evaluate public health programs.
1. Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy, or practice.
2. Calculate answers to biostatistics problems, including probabilities.
3. Describe the basic concepts of probability, random variation, and commonly used statistical probability distributions.