Minimum 500 words!
add references too
The patientâ€™s current medication therapy includes digoxin, 0.25 mg PO qd; hydrochlorothiazide, 25 mg PO qd; and captopril, 25 mg PO tid. (Learning Objectives 2, 3, 4, 6, 7)
- 1.Why is Mr. Stein on these drugs?
- 2.Are there any contraindications or precautions that would eliminate the use of these drugs for Mr. Stein?
- 3.Are there any aspects of digoxinâ€™s core drug knowledge that are especially relevant to consider because they may interact with the core patient variables?
- 4.Which findings from the nursing assessment demonstrate the effectiveness or possible adverse effects from drug therapy?
- 5.Which findings from the nursing assessment demonstrate possible adverse effects from drug therapy?
- 6.What teaching is required for Mr. Stein regarding his drug therapy? Do you need any additional data to determine appropriate teaching?
- a.Identify the teaching needs and readiness to learn for this client.
- Identify any cultural factors that influence the care for this client.
- provide examples of care from a nurse perspective
- reference Duffy, J. R. (2013). Quality caring in nursing and health systems (2nd ed). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co.
- Aschenbrenner, D. S., & Venable, S. J. (2012). Drug therapy in nursing (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- davis’s drug guide