Pick a company that you would like to work for that isnâ€™t yet a major MNC (multinational corporation), but needs to expand its presence in emerging international markets. As one of the companyâ€™s executives you will be tasked with preparing the lead executive for deployment in a foreign country. Across the course, you will create a portfolio of deliverables to support the executiveâ€™s successful transition into a new cultural and business environment.
- Pick a foreign country(in this case Japan) and the particular city where your company will establish its headquarters.
- Remember: You are preparing these materials for a top-level executive, so 1) Donâ€™t waste their time; 2) Focus; 3) Be Useful
- Your executive needs assistance with: Thinking Globally, Acting Locally
Week 1 Deliverable: Country Fact Sheet
Create a Fact Sheet for your selected country and city. Include the following elements::
- Brief Demographic
- Brief Political, Economic, Environmental, Social overview.
- Brief Rationale of Country & City Choice
- Length: no more than two pages
- APA format with professional references
- References: Use footnotes