Readings are Attached:
1. â€œPestilence and Genocide,â€ from American Holocaust
2. Galeano, â€œLust for Gold, Lust for Silverâ€ from Open Veins of Latin America
3. Duncan Green, Faces of Latin America, â€œThe Commodity Tradeâ€ and â€œSilent Revolution: Market Economicsâ€
There are a total of 4 readings. 4 total paragraphs. This reflection will include a sub-heading for each reading.
For each reading you will write at least one paragraph, in which you will answer the following questions:
â€¢ What did you not understand or find new and challenging from the reading?
â€¢ What questions for class discussion did it raise?
â€¢ What did you find most useful in the reading?
â€¢ What new terms and concepts were contained in the reading?
Note that these reading questions/reflections should NOT be a summary of the readings.
The purpose is:
1) that you demonstrate you have done the reading and given thought to it;
2) to identify what you did not understand and what you think is important and why is it important, in relation to the course and to Development and Social Change in Latin America