BOOK: Gomez, Michael A., Reversing Sail: A History of the African Diaspora (2005)
- evidence indicating how differences in color and/or culture affected attitudes relations between Africans and other groups in various time periods.
- Evidence regarding factors (cultural, religious, social, economic) shape these attitudes and relations.
- Similarities and differences in how slavery has been perceived and dealt with in the context of major religions discussed in our texts.
- Factors that may explain how when and how color or racebased prejudice emerged.
- features that distinguish Western Hemisphere slavery from otherprevious forms.
- Factors that explain the variations of race, color, and slavery that emerged among Western Hemisphere slave regimes.
This list of reference points is intended to be suggestive and evocative. The objective is to write a coherent, integrated essay (not an itemized list) that encompasses these (or other) issues to the degree they are relevant to the points you want to make.
Pay attention to grammar, organization, coherence (â€œflowâ€) and clarity of expression. Use original language, your own writing â€œvoiceâ€ to make assertions and observations. Support them with properly cited quotations and citations. Any citation format may be used, but each citation must include page numbers. A â€œworks citedâ€ page should be included.