Assignment 2: Designing a Training Program
Due Week 8 and worth 300 points
Create a written proposal in which you detail the complete design of an employee training program.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Design a two (2) day training program for a group of twenty (20) employees.
- Identify two to three (2-3) training needs though a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and justify an approach for this training.
- Develop the training objective for this program based on an analysis of the business.
- Determine the training cost for the training program you are proposing. Include a detailed breakdown of time allotted for each piece, the subsequent cost analysis, and the total cost for the project as a whole.
- Select key training method(s) to deliver the program to employees, such as an e-Learning module or a one-day face-to-face training program.
- Create an agenda of activities for the training program.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify when to conduct a Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Analyze the various approaches to performing a Training Needs Analysis.
- Develop strategies for training design.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in training and development.
- Write clearly and concisely about training and development using proper writing mechanics.