Assignment 2: The Role Capitalism Plays
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country’s trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state, (Shaw, William H. (2014). Business ethics (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning). In this assignment, you will explain the role capitalism plays in corporate decision making.
Write a paper in which you:
- Explain the role capitalism plays in corporate decision making.
- Use at least two (2) quality references that are properly cited. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the considerations for and process of ethical business decision making to balance corporate and social responsibilities, and address moral, economic, and legal concerns.
- Analyze selected business situations using the predominant ethical theories, such as utilitarian, Kantian, and virtue ethics to guide ethical business decision making.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about business ethics using proper writing mechanics.