Your supervisor has reviewed your service plan for the client, Sue, described in the case example below, and feels the plan is too heavily focused on Sueâ€™s problems and not focused enough on her strengths. Your supervisor has asked you to prepare a memo to her addressing:
- How might you focus on strengths to engage Sue in case management during your next meeting with her?
- Describe how you would use motivational interviewing to help Sue change her present situation.
- By focusing on strengths, what would you hope to accomplish in each of the three case management phases?
- What additional information would you like to have about Sue that would facilitate a strengths-based approach?
- What resources do you think are available for Sue? How would you find out?
In your responses, cite two to three scholarly sources. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find sources. Format your paper per the guidelines in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA
. The title and reference pages are not part of the total page count.