Assignment 1.2 Introductory Speech and Self-Review Due Week 3: 95 points 1) Part 1: Record or upload your speech. o Refer to your outline or speaking notes to deliver your speech. Do not read your notes word for word. o Follow the technical instructions for recording your video in the â€œAssignment 1.2â€ section located in Week 3 of your course. o Remember to watch your recording. Do you want to submit it, or do you want to record another version? 2) Part 2: Complete the self-review questions. o After you have recorded your speech, address the self-review questions in the â€œAssignment 1.2â€ section located in Week 3 of your course. This reflection helps you step back and take a second look at your work, with an eye on improvement and highlighting your achievements! 3) Submit your speech and self-review in Blackboard.
After you have completed your speech, address the following reflection questions. This reflection helps you step back and take a second look at your work, with an eye on improvement and highlighting your achievements!
To replay your speech:
- For more detailed instructions on previewing your video, review the following guide: Video Tips and Assignment Support
Address the following self review questions:
(Please number and address all 5 questions)
- How clear and consistent are the speech and visual quality? Are there parts that are difficult to hear and see? If so, note those concerns here.
- Does the speech meet the time requirements set by the assignmentâ€™s guidelines? If not, what could have been done differently?
- As a speaker, how well did you focus on the speech topic and connect with the audience? Explain.
- Is the speech delivered with strong eye contact, an expressive voice, and good non-verbal communication (gestures or other physical movements). If so, celebrate and elaborate here. If not, describe changes you will make for the next speech.
- Describe one thing you did well in this speech. Describe one thing you would change about your speech.