Religions of Asiaâ€”Hinduism
Religions of Asiaâ€”Buddhism
Religions of the Far Eastâ€”Daoism and Confucianism
Religions of the Far Eastâ€”Shinto
Religions of the Near Eastâ€”Judaism
Religions of the Near Eastâ€”Global Christianity
Religions of the Middle Eastâ€”Islam
Here is what we covered in class and for this assignment you are required to write about the interesting you have found in these religions and by the way you choose what you want to mention on the essay not all the religions.
The starting point in preparing a synthesis is identifying the topics that should be included. You will be evaluated on what you choose to mention and comment on (because it shows what you think is important), as well as everything on the general rubric.
The information you will be working with will come mainly from your mind and what you have thought about these religions; however, you should also complement with information from the presentations (Canvas) and personal commentary. Online sources may be used to fill in any gaps you feel you might have, however, these must be properly cited.
you may include fun pics and memes through the writing
Questions that you might wish to examine as you go along:
- Which subtopics did you find interesting or compelling?
- What sort of impressions or emotions, if any, did the material provoke?
- Which part of the lesson did you like or appreciate the most?
- Did the material help you come to any realizations about yourself or about people whom you know?
- Do you feel that any part of the material might be useful to you, on any level (professionally, privately, etc.)?
And please keep this in mind:-
Huge swaths of cut-and-pasted text (even if properly cited) and ginormous images (chosen solely to take up space) should be avoided.
Calibri 11pt; double-spacing.
Bibliography and footnotes should be Chicago Manual of Style (Links to an external site.). For images (memes, etc), cut and paste the url into the footnotes.