FIRST ASSIGNMENT:Watch the PBS documentary series The Emperor of All Maladies pdf and answers to questions for Part 2 & 3. The Emperor of All Maladies – Part 2 Blind Men and the ElephantLinks to an ex
FIRST ASSIGNMENT:Watch the PBS documentary series The Emperor of All Maladies pdf and answers to questions for Part 2 & 3.
The Emperor of All Maladies – Part 2 Blind Men and the ElephantLinks to an external site WITH pdf
Part 3: Finding the Achilles HeelLinks to an external site WITH pdf
1.Due 7/28 11:00 pm NORTH AMERICA TIME
2. ANSWERS IN YOUR OWN WORDS
Discussion Questions: Part 2 & 3
- What are the 3 main ways oncologists treat cancer? Describe how each of them work to fight cancer.
- What is palliative care? How has it changed the way oncologists and other physicians view patient care? What is your view on this approach to patient care?
- Where does cancer come from? How is a cancer cell different from a normal cell? Name the 2 types of genes found in cancer cells discussed in the film and explain how they act to cause cancer?
- Why do some argue that prevention is more important than any individual contribution to research, treatment, new therapies, etc..? What steps can an individual take to prevent cancer?
- How does immunotherapy work? Why do physicians feel it is so promising?
- Do you think there will be a cure for cancer in your lifetime? Why or why not?
- What are your final impressions of this film series? Is there anyone or anything in the film that stands out or is especially moving or inspiring? Has this film changed your understanding or the way you think about cancer?
This is the Final exam essay portion covering material from the second half of the intersession (the cancer film questions).It is open book so you may use the module pages, textbook, your own notes and any research you do, but are not permitted to receive assistance from any person or any other means of cheating.
Download the Final essay questions and type out your answers on the document.
1. due by Tue 7/28 midnight
3.NO cheating, NO COPY ONLINE, answers in your own words