Respond to the following short essay questions based on the course materials presented for weeks 5-8 and researched material from outside the course. 1. Please address the following as they pertain to
Respond to the following short essay questions based on the course materials presented for weeks 5-8 and researched material from outside the course.
1. Please address the following as they pertain to Intellectual Property:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP) and how does counterfeit merchandise impact the U.S. economy?
- What safety and health concerns are posed by counterfeit products?
- How does IP theft pose an existential threat to national security?
- Discuss the action that prompted the “border control offensive” and made the issue of illegal immigration a priority.
2. What are “Smart Borders”?
3. How have the SMART Port Security, the SAFE Port Act, the Small Vessel Security Strategy, and the Marine Transportation Security Act impacted port security?
4. Compare the similarities and differences of the external borders of New Europe with that of the U.S./Mexico border. Which of these (similarities/differences) have had the most positive or negative impact on border security?
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 8 pages, at least 2 pages per question (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.