Worldview Papers #1 #1 The first worldview paper assignment requires you to describe your worldview based on your response to the diagnostic questions below. The paper is due Saturday of Unit 3. The p
Worldview Papers #1
#1 The first worldview paper assignment requires you to describe your worldview based on your
response to the diagnostic questions below. The paper is due Saturday of Unit 3. The paper will
be evaluated using the Unit Assignments and Portfolio Paper rubric (Appendix A). Length and
format guidelines are listed below.
1. What is ultimate reality? What is the source of everything? Asking these questions does
not mean that there is a definitive answer. Some worldviews may hold the belief that
there is no intelligible answer to these questions.
2. Is the nature of the world eternal or does it have a beginning? Is it good or evil or
something else? Is it orderly or chaotic, intelligible or absurd?
3. What is a human being? Do human beings have only a body, a body and a soul, or
something else? Are we good or evil or amoral? Are we able to acquire knowledge of
the world and of God? If so, how is this attained? What is the source of the problem or
the problems that we face? What is the solution to the problem or problems?
4. What happens to a person at death?
5. Why is it possible to know anything at all?
6. What is the nature of our morality? How do we know right from wrong?
7. What is the meaning of human history? Is there a Meta-narrative? Another way of asking
this question is whether this world view believes that there is The Story that tells how we
got here and why we are here.
8. What personal, life-orienting core commitments are consistent with this worldview?
Prepare the worldview paper using the following guidelines:
• A minimum of 7 pages not to exceed 9, typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 font, using APA standard
• Title page, including title of paper, your name, course name and course number, date of submission (Page 1)
• A minimum of 5 pages describing your worldview (Pages 2-6)
• A reference page (Pages 7-9)
• A minimum of 5 references are required, including the texts, The Holy Bible, The Universe Next Door, other books and articles from academic sources (Net Library), or other periodical