This assignment builds on the independent research you conducted for the Unit 1 Discussion Board. By this point, you should have a strong familiarity with a range of contemporary issues in forensic psychology. In this activity, you will practice the important skill of writing a legislative summary to a member of the legislature, who has requested information on pressing challenges facing the state.
Your executive summary will be 3 pages and must include a problem statement, an overview of your selected issue in your state, and a summary of existing research (within the last 3 years) on the topic.
The specific steps are as follows:
- Select any 1 of the following contemporary issues:
- Interrogations and Confessions
- Involuntary Civil Commitment
- Competency Restoration
- Implicit Bias and Criminal Justice
- Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification
- Solitary Confinement
- Trauma and Memory
- Eyewitness Testimony
- In 1 paragraph, write a problem statement.
- In 2 paragraphs, supply an overview of the contemporary issue in your state.
- In 4 paragraphs, create an overview of existing research (within the last 3 years) associated with your selected contemporary issue.
- Use no less than 6 scholarly resources.